- Software Development spanning PC, Mac, Linux, Web, Consoles & Handhelds;
- Production planning, trouble shooting, conflict/solution resolution & delivery;
- Process optimization (human & software);
- Project & Department management;
- I Author clear, understandable technical and non-technical documents;
- Skilled at public speaking & pitch / presentation delivery;
- I do budgets, bidding, accounting, financial analysis & data mining;
- I do market research, new product development & strategic planning;
- My cross-disciplinary skills enable significant insight to accomplishing your goals on time & within budget.
Building great teams, technologies, and superior environments for technological organizations.
Equally comfortable writing code for software projects, managing development teams, and producing for media teams, as well as operations management & financial analysis unrelated to software development. I have substantial cross-disciplinary skills, capable of bridging the gap between non-technical and technical individuals. I design and implement efficient, enterprise class systems, as well as clearly and succinctly communicate these systems for operations and non-technical use. I have superior optimization capabilities, both in software as well as with operations and personnel. I am known to bring calm to high-pressure environments.
Software Languages, APIs and Application Environments:
- C / C++, OpenGL, GLSL, Advanced BASH, OS Services and daemons
- PHP, SQL, Java Script, JQuery, Node.js, WebGL, XHTML, CSS
- Drupal sites, custom modules, secure and transactional APIs, eCommerce and more
- Excel VBA (guru level), plus the complete suite of MS Office (guru level at MS Word too)
- Maya & 3DS MAX 3D Graphics, Animation & Feature Film VFX Production
- Photoshop, Gimp; pretty much any graphics or compositing software out there
- Equally comfortable in Linux, Mac OS X, MS Windows, as well as embedded & proprietary systems
- Systems design, development, deployment, and optimization
- Founder & Co-President, 2010-Present: The 3D Avatar Store, an online eCommerice site dedicated to the promotion of an automated 3D avatar creation pipeline with web and API access. This uses a Drupal eCommerce shopping cart and user authentication, with a secondary custom CMS for the avatar store, the secure WebAPI, a custom product compiler and everything necessary for 3rd parties to integrate instant avatar creation into their own software products.
- Founder & CEO, 2005-Present:
Flixor Inc, a 3D visual effects technology company; formed corporation; recruited
partners; secured partnerships; managed all staff, accounting and finances.
- I recruited a founding team with Academy Award winning visual effects backgrounds, the #1 patent litigation firm in the world, and a diverse set of highly skilled business partners.
- Designed and implemented completely automated visual effects pipeline capable of taking a single photo of a person and realistically replacing an actor in filmed media with the photo’s likeness; system spanned multiple operating systems, technologies, and disciplines including artificial intelligence, realistic 3D animation, and large scale web applications.
- In addition to personally developing a significant portion of the software, I wrote the business plan, the financial projections, and economic forecasting models the business models are based. I wrote the patent, as well as many initial drafts of our contracts and legal documents.
Awarded US Patent 7460731 “Personalizing A Video": processes and
apparatus for creating libraries of digital actors, libraries of personalization-ready
media, and the automated creation of advertising and popular media with consumers and
product placements realistically inserted.
- Web Development, 2008-Present
- I have intermediate to advanced web development skills with the
Drupal content management
system, creating graphically pleasing and media rich web sites with blogs,
forums, galleries, videos, eCommerce, easy page editing, “Web 2.0”
user interfaces, RSS, secure remote access web APIs and more...
http://www.DigitalDollHouse.com a rich media young girl's site
(1 of 3 person team porting to Drupal 6)
http://www.EcoProWater.com a water purifier eCommerce site http://www.JewelOfTheAdriatic.com a self-hosted-video documentary web site http://www.usmnebc.org the U.S. - Montenegro Business Council http://montenegrin.usmnebc.org Montenegrin language version of above site http://www.HomeMastersRE.com a real estate agent http://www.lpcpaint.com/drupal_6_14 a paint & construction contracting company http://theBasics.popdigitaltech.com a financial education company
- I have intermediate to advanced web development skills with the Drupal content management system, creating graphically pleasing and media rich web sites with blogs, forums, galleries, videos, eCommerce, easy page editing, “Web 2.0” user interfaces, RSS, secure remote access web APIs and more...
- Freelance MBA Consultant, 2005-Present: creating business plans, financial forecasts, and
general consulting for businesses and start ups.
- Tait & Associates: successful project as Federal EPA lobbyist for environmental architecture firm; project included advanced statistical research and presentation of results to EPA authors of Federal regulations bill
- Gloria Martinez Law Immigration Group: compensation system analysis, made their web site
- Breast Health & Wellness Center: technology analysis, automated breast health analysis software system design, financial and operations forecasts, general strategy analysis
- Mist Net Inc: complete business plan, financial forecasts, web site, 3D product visualizations
- Innovmed Inc / Laprostop LLC: private placement offering prospectus, 3D product visualizations
- Federal Tag Inc: RFID tracking system’s monitoring application software design specification
- Financial and Operations Analyst, 2002-2005, for
Rhythm & Hues Studios
Analysis of digital artist productivity and studio bidding process, created a statistical forecasting system in Excel allowing highly accurate forecasts of production activities, including identification of a production team’s learning curve; performed analysis for 6 major release feature films. Re-wrote the graphical interface to the studio's in-house matchmove software, significantly increasing matchmover productivity. Additional duties included production trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- Lead Software Engineer, 1994-1998, for Rhythm & Hues Studios
Founding their Games Division, designed and co-authored entire production pipeline for advanced film-quality 3D graphics in early PlayStation environment, co-authored 3D game engine, scripting language, multiple character AIs and multiple game levels, and trained 17 person game scripting team. (show/hide details)
- Software Engineering and Developer Management
- Behavior Animation A.I. Engineer, 2001-2002 at Pandemic Studios
Authored player artificial intelligences and animation blending subsystem for a 3D volleyball game in C++ for the PlayStation2, plus additional related game features.
- Director of Research, 2000-2001, at Rotor Communications
A pre-YouTube streaming video web site focused on interactive web video with integrated audience and host chat, whiteboard, and video capabiliteis; managed projects for the NHL, RealNetworks, and Apple QuickTime, authored key watermarking technology that added $25M to company valuation, as well as was writer and producer of 45 minute variety talk show.
- Technical Director, 1998-2000, at Adrenalin / Sennari Games
Managed 20 person engineering and artist staff in PlayStation video game production of Tiger Woods Golf, NCAA Football, Brunswick Bowling 1 & 2, and Flintstones Bowling; evaluated new platforms, generally managed all staff, as well as wrote code for productions as active team member.
- Lead Software Engineer, 1994, at Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo
Worked with the original PlayStation Operating System team creating and fine tuning the original PSX development environment; returned to US and trained US Sony teams in PSX development
- Behavior Animation A.I. Engineer, 2001-2002 at Pandemic Studios
- MBA: Argyros School of Business & Economics, Chapman University, 2005
- 4.0 GPA, earning Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society membership.
- Dual majors in Entrepreneurialism and Finance, minor in International Business.
- MBA program included research/project travel to Mexico, China and Washington D.C.
- BS/BA: School of Management, Boston University, 1988
- 3.86 GPA, Management Information Systems, with advanced studies in Statistics & Economics
- Senior 3D Graphics Consultant, Boston University 3D Graphics Lab, 1985-1988
- Directed Research, Dr. Fedorwicz, A.I. enhanced spreadsheet U.I., 1988
- Directed Research, Dr. Devaney, The Beauty of Fractals, 1986
I can be contacted via email at bsenftner at earthlink dot net or bsenftner at flixor dot com.
You can also download a PDF of my resume here, containing complete contact information.